CLAPHAM'S PRIMARY OSTEOPATHIC CLINIC
Prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for pain and injuries
Is Osteopathy right for you?
Osteopathy, much like physiotherapy, is a way of diagnosing, treating and preventing health problems through a combination of hands on treatment and exercise rehabilitation.
Osteopathy is one of the oldest approaches to medicine and health. Similar to Physiotherapy, through careful analysis of what is the root cause of an individual’s problem, osteopaths are able to facilitate the body’s ability to heal itself through a combination of stretching, mobilising, manipulative and active rehab techniques.
At Hub Health, we use physical manipulation, stretching and massage, with the aim of:
- increasing the mobility of joints
- relieving muscle tension
- enhancing the blood supply to tissues
- helping the body to heal
Most people who see an osteopath do so for help with conditions that affect the muscles, bones and joints, such as:
- Lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain
- Problems with the pelvis, hips and legs
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis Elbow
- Headaches (often arising from neck)
- Nerve pains
- Muscular problems
- Postural problems
- Sports injuries
- Arthritic pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Inability to relax
- Generalised aches and pains
All new patients attend an appointment of 60 minutes, this allows time for your highly qualified practitioner to:
- Listen and ask questions about your problem, your general health and any other medical care you are receiving
- Examine you properly to allow your posture and movements to be assessed by asking you to make movements and stretches to observe your posture and mobility
- Examine the health of the joints, tissues, and ligaments
- Develop your unique treatment plan based on the findings of the examinations
Ready to make your appointment?
How Many Sessions Do I Need?
If your symptoms have troubled you for a while, or are caused by something you cannot avoid (like heavy lifting at work), we may recommend periodic treatments to ensure you can continue to enjoy your new, pain-free health.
Is osteopathy safe during pregnancy?
Yes, we see a lot of pregnant patients and we also offer pregnancy fitness classes in our newly refurbished gym. Osteopathy is a gentle and effective treatment for postural problems and pain during pregnancy. Just let us know that you are pregnant so we can adjust some of our techniques to make them most effective for you.
At Hub, we have a fantastic team who are dedicated to helping you to get rid of your pain and debilitation and to return you to your usual activities as quickly as possible. We have an excellent record when it comes to the prevention of injury recurrence and it is our aim that you leave us stronger than you were before the injury occurred.
Located opposite Clapham Common tube station, the Hub is convenient and easily accessible for patients coming from; Clapham, Battersea, Balham, Tooting, Brixton, Wandsworth, Putney and Stockwell.